The Canada-Japan Co-op Program is a unique, one-of-its kind, Co-op consortium that services member educational institutions who desire to secure Co-op Work Term/Internships for students in Japan. The program’s longevity, 30 years, combined with its successful track record are a testament to the commitment and level of service received from Canada-Japan Co-op Program staff who work closely with educational members to assist students in applying, being interviewed, securing student positions in Japan, and evaluating work term/internship placements.
Since 1991, the aim of The Canada-Japan Co-op Program has been to encourage co-op opportunities for scientific and industrial exchange between Canada and Japan. In an effort to achieve this goal, the program has worked tirelessly to establish close, professional relationships with Japanese business, industry, and government ministries in order to create links with our Canadian counterparts. Due to requests from our student body and business partners in Japan, the program has been expanded to include opportunities for students from the Arts, Business, and Forestry Faculties, as well as graduate students.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Increase the number of international co-op opportunities at your institution
- Offer alternatives to your students outside the parameters offered domestically
- Secure technical or professional co-op opportunities for students
BEING A MEMBER OF THE CANADA-JAPAN CO-OP PROGRAM CONSORTIUM
- Access to a recognized, long-term successful co-op program in Japan
- Access to posted opportunities in Japan made directly through The Canada-Japan Co-op Program by Japanese companies
- Full support for students in Japanese and English: on application; through the interview, matching and placement cycles; in visa documentation preparation; confirmation of arrival; phone and in-person site visits; in the workplace to resolve and workplace issues; and upon return to Canada
- Student pre-departure training
- Collection of updates, learning objectives, experiential and technical reports
- Debriefing of students upon return from their international work terms/internship in Japan
- Ongoing support for Canada-Japan Co-op Alumni